Cosmopolitan sex & love beauty & style connect with cosmo men experts

1.05.2007

L.A. Stories
Hello!

I just got back from shooting a cover in Los Angeles...

L.A. is refreshing because it is sunny and cheerful, which is the polar opposite of New York. Directly after landing, I headed to my favorite hotel, Chateau Marmont. It’s a quiet oasis off Sunset Boulevard and feels like 1930’s Hollywood by way of 19th century France. So I nestled into a banquet on the patio for lunch and in walked Orlando Bloom looking very scruffy, with an even scruffier dog. He took the table next to mine, and proceeded to tell me how he rescued the dog while filming a movie in Morocco. As he’s speaking, the dog is sitting on my lap and looming over my chopped salad a little too closely. (Tip to Orlando: Fire the dog trainer and control your pup!)

My next stop was Barney’s, which is like a mini of the New York store. It has only two floors of women’s clothes but their buyers have the best taste and the store is full of great temptations. Up on the clothing floor, I ran into Gwen Stefani and her beautiful family. What a comeback she has made after having her baby! Her body has never looked better...

I know from shooting her for Cosmo that Gwen has to work very hard for that body. She is not naturally thin and needs to work out everyday. I am a big fan of her personal style. When she first came on the scene, her style seemed questionable with all those striped belly-baring tops and baggy pants. But she has stayed true to herself, which is more than I can say about most pop stars. She and her whole entourage were wearing her L.A.M.B. clothing line. Even her baby had a L.A.M.B. print on his Bugaboo stroller. She also didn’t ask for any preferential treatment and headed to the dressing room with the rest of us – a very cool girl.

Until next time,





Photo credits: Chateau Marmont: chateaumarmont.com; Gwen Stefani: myspace.com/gwenstefani

posted by Fun Fearless Fashion at 5:05 PM



0 Comments:

<< Home